Tease within a time frame

Geplaatst door Ivo Boudewijns Wednesday, August 19, 2009



When coaching air-talent on the art of teasing/preselling I always emphasize on using a time frame in which the teased subject takes place. Last week when doing some renovation to my backyard, it struck me again how important that time frame really is. I was waiting on the truck to deliver my dump container and the driver couldn't tell me what time exactly he would come. He only said to me he was coming in the late afternoon. Clearly this frustrated me because I had to wait for him at home while I had so much other things to do!

The same thing with radio. Too often I hear air talent going out of their way to tease or presell something and then end with "...and today it's gonna happen at...". Give me a time frame so I know when to tune back in. Because believe it or not, your listeners have so much more to do then just listening to you! So tell your listeners when something is gonna happen! "This afternoon between 5 and 5:15". After all...today it's all about cume!

0 reacties

Post a Comment

Get the ideas & advice first!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

FMQB News

Arbitron Inc. Media Room

Arbitron Free Studies and Reports

Hear 2.0

The Infinite Dial

Radio-Info News

Aircheck Channel